cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot unlock my old o2 device for other network use

Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically, i requested my old o2 device to be unlocked so i can use my current EE contract sim on there. (I lost my EE device abroad so needed a temp workaround)

I didnt know i had to wait until the code was sent to me so i tried the codes provided with my replacement EE sim in my o2 phone.. Now it is saying SIM network pin blocked. enter sim network puk.

I have determined it to be the phone that is 100% locked as my new ee sim still works in an EE phone and a tried the o2 device with a o2 demo sim in store and it worked still..

I have been around in circles with the live chat too many times already sorting this, wasted 4 hours yesterday in a store as well. It seems i need an o2 PUK code but they are telling me its impossible to provide one as i no longer have an active connection with them.

This doesnt seem right to me, i have wasted too much money calling o2/ee/samsung and driving too and from stores and im still without a working phone..

How can i sort this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You can get your o2 puk here http://www.o2.co.uk/puk/landing/0,,555,00.html but if you have permanently blocked the handset it will forever be locked to o2.
If you need an unlock code, help is here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You can get your o2 puk here http://www.o2.co.uk/puk/landing/0,,555,00.html but if you have permanently blocked the handset it will forever be locked to o2.
If you need an unlock code, help is here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried following the first link there but it says i need to be an o2 customer and i already ported that number to my EE contract.

I think i have permenantly blocked the handset but how can it be permenantly blocked if its still offering me the option to input a code?

How is it fair to the customer, who has paid to own the phone to permenantly block it, i find it very hard to believe it is blocked forever, surely there is a way?

Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Well technically it's you that blocked it if that's the case but I suggest you try asking EE for your PUK first to rule that out.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why why is it his fault? I'm going through the same problem since 28th Aug....they gave me a PUK code...I entered it only once as told to do so and its still locked...I've rang 4 times since...02 send me the same number to try...something fishy going on at 02...

Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Why why is it his fault?

Because of this statement.......

I didnt know i had to wait until the code was sent to me so i tried the codes provided with my replacement EE sim in my o2 phone.. Now it is saying SIM network pin blocked. enter sim network puk.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

It still wasnt made very clear, i requested the unlock over the tech chat and it nwas only the email i got warning me about incorrect attempts.. I have tried the EE PUK Codes with no success, pretty sure i mentioned that already or maybe it was on another board.

I have established the, the EE SIM that isnt working on my o2 device works on other EE/Unlocked devices still.

The o2 phone im trying to unlock still works on o2.

To me this clearly shows its the phone that is locked.

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
So have you actually got an unlock code from o2?
Just trying to understand exactly where we are with this

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
So have you actually got an unlock code from o2?
Just trying to understand exactly where we are with this

I admit to being confused also @MI5 Mention has been made of PAC code and PUK code (two entirely different things) If the phone has been 'permanently locked' would they be able to get it unlocked via a visit to a market stall who claim they can 'unlock any mobile'?...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Worth a try I guess......

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15