cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot unlock my old o2 device for other network use

Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically, i requested my old o2 device to be unlocked so i can use my current EE contract sim on there. (I lost my EE device abroad so needed a temp workaround)

I didnt know i had to wait until the code was sent to me so i tried the codes provided with my replacement EE sim in my o2 phone.. Now it is saying SIM network pin blocked. enter sim network puk.

I have determined it to be the phone that is 100% locked as my new ee sim still works in an EE phone and a tried the o2 device with a o2 demo sim in store and it worked still..

I have been around in circles with the live chat too many times already sorting this, wasted 4 hours yesterday in a store as well. It seems i need an o2 PUK code but they are telling me its impossible to provide one as i no longer have an active connection with them.

This doesnt seem right to me, i have wasted too much money calling o2/ee/samsung and driving too and from stores and im still without a working phone..

How can i sort this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are talking about this then yes..

** THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE **

Hi,

Your unlatching request has been completed. Unlatching instructions :

The code you require for IMEI 357************ is as follows : 

7*******

Unlatching a Samsung device : 
 Insert another network active SIM in the handset. 
 This should ask for a code. 
 Input the 8 digit unlock code when requested. 
 The device will now be unlocked. 

Note: If the unlocking code is entered incorrectly 3 times the device 
will be locked.

Thank you, 

O2 Customer Service

And guess what, it didnt work.

Message 11 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Because you said this previously

"I didnt know i had to wait until the code was sent to me so i tried the codes provided with my replacement EE sim in my o2 phone.. Now it is saying SIM network pin blocked. enter sim network puk."

I guess you locked it out before you received the code for O2 ?

You could try calling Samsung or a market stall / phone shop etc, but usually this kind of lock is permanent I'm afraid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes MI5 that is exactly what i have done, sorry i wasnt clearer. I really do not accept liabilty of this as is was not made clear to myself at all.. Im also struggling to beleive it is a permenant lock if it still gives the option to enter a code? Why would it offer you that if it was a permenant lock?

Message 13 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I guess that's just the way the software is written.
Your only option with O2 is to raise a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
They will examine your case and if they feel that O2 are negligent, they have, in the past, replaced a customers phone.
If not, I'm afraid you will have to either sell the phone as locked to O2 and buy another unlocked device to use, or use an O2 sim in it if you can't get it unlocked at your local market stall.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is one of the reasons i decided to leave o2. I was told differnt things from the companies online chat, in store reps and customer services department. very poor communication and the fact they really did not seem to care. Although i paid my contract off in full so i technically own the phone..

Message 15 of 15