cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back up my Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am looking to have my phone repaired but everytime I pop into an o2 shop no one can help me and not always a lot of staff.  I called o2 approximately 2 weeks ago when my phone was damaged but it was like banging my head against a brick wall.  Went through all the details to get my phone to be processed for a screen repair and then finally they tell me that I need to either back up my phone (which I have never done) or pay £25.00 for a rental phone while o2 has mine.  I am fast loosing the will to live with all the brick walls I keep coming up against.  If I rent a phone it wont be the same as mine, so I cant use several apps on it and also I need to swap whats on my phone to the rental phone.  I asked the shop today for a sim card for the replacement phone that I have borrowed but they said they couldnt give me one as the sim card in my present phone had not been deactivated.  Apparantly I can only hae one sim card in operation at one time.!  Is this true.    My daughter used to be on o2 the found out that EE offer a better service and if your phone gets damaged then they send a courier to pick your phone up and also bring one for you to use.  Why does this not happen with o2.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
You need to pay for insurance to get that deal on EE and it is the same on o2.
If your phone has been damaged by yourself you need to pay for a repair or claim on insurance if you have it.
If it's a warranty repair it's safer and easier to contact the manufacturer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how are you doing?

Sorry to hear your phone has broken and you had a bad experience earlier. 😞 Please do check out MI5's information above and let us know how you're getting on and if you have any additional questions the community could advise on.

Message 3 of 3