cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps not compatible with Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have just got the Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, having previously used the Galaxy S original.  However, some of my apps that I used to have, ITV player and Instagram to name 2 that I really want, say that they are not compatible with my device.  Is there any way to solve this issue?  My device has the latest firmware and is up to date.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Found this info in Instagram FAQ's

"Device not compatible" error message in Google Play Store.
We are aware of an issue where some users receive a "Device not compatible" error message in the Google Play Store when trying to download Instagram, even though Instagram should support the device. Google is currently investigating this issue with the Google Play Store.

As a temporary workaround, Google suggests clearing the Play Store's data from your device and then attempting to install Instagram. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Store > Clear data.

If this workaround does not resolve your problem, please complete this form.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
ITV player uses flash which isn't supported on the latest firmware so you would have to download both apps manually, copy them to your SD card and load them on your phone that way. Instagram should be supported - I don't know why you are getting errors but I'll look into it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Found this info in Instagram FAQ's

"Device not compatible" error message in Google Play Store.
We are aware of an issue where some users receive a "Device not compatible" error message in the Google Play Store when trying to download Instagram, even though Instagram should support the device. Google is currently investigating this issue with the Google Play Store.

As a temporary workaround, Google suggests clearing the Play Store's data from your device and then attempting to install Instagram. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Store > Clear data.

If this workaround does not resolve your problem, please complete this form.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - it works perfectly now slight_smile

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info - I had the same problem with ITV player a while ago on my old phone - what you have suggested is a bit beyond my skillset so I think I will just wait until they have sorted the problem and watch BBC Iplayer instead!

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
ITV player will surely be updated soon to support HTML5. I wouldn't have thought it would take too long as all the new firmwares are no longer supported by flash. It didn't take BBC long to fix iPlayer so ITV should follow pretty quickly. In the meantime there is an app called TVCatchup on play which might be of use to you.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6