Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 7 on HTC One M9

MadAdaM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Now that HTC have officially released Nougat for the HTC One M9 (and M10), can you advise when the O2 OTA upgrade will be available?
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

MadAdaM
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Still no update available here... curious.
Message 21 of 47

MadAdaM
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still not getting any update on my phone...

How long should I allow before escalating to Tech Support?

Message 22 of 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Not sure what tech support can do for you?
Have you even got o2 firmware on your phone?
You can do nothing more than wait until it's released I'm afraid.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 47

MadAdaM
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK, so according to the tech support "guru" expected rollout is first-second week of March

Have I got O2 firmware? Other than seeing the O2 splash screen on boot, it having come pre-installed with O2 apps, and having had to wait for the O2 OTA release for Android 6.0 - how would I prove it?

I expect to have to wait - but it would be good if someone could tell me roughly when to expect updates. Other providers seem able to manage this, so I'm not sure why O2 struggles with this concept as it is entirely within their domain!

@MI5 wrote:
Not sure what tech support can do for you?
Have you even got o2 firmware on your phone?
You can do nothing more than wait until it's released I'm afraid.....

Message 24 of 47

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Networks will always be slower to release than manufacturers and they will prioritise on their most popular handsets.
Once the networks have approved the updates, they go back to the manufacturer to be rolled out - O2 don't control this part of the process so they cannot say when you will get it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

My HTC M9 Android 7 was rolled out today. Software update 4.27.206.4 (1.47GB)

..... However when I downloaded all apears ok (twice in the end) but when it goes to install it tries but and fails as reboots as Android 6.

It is a hefty 1.47GB download.

I will wait until it is sorted

Message 26 of 47

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Might need to do a factory reset first.

Currently using:
Message 27 of 47

MadAdaM
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mine updated yesterday. Google Play stopped working (blank screen). Had to force stop (in apps), clear data & cache, remove the Google Account (in settings -> accounts & sync) and add it again. Seems to be working now. Hope that helps others who encounter this.

Message 28 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've also got the Google Play issue. I've tried clearing data/cache but that didn't work. Even tried uninstalling Google Play/Services and re-installing. Tried a factory reset. Spoken to both o2 and Google and it still has issues!!!

Not happy!!

Message 29 of 47

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Why would this be O2's problem?

Currently using:
Message 30 of 47