cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 7.0

Anonymous
Not applicable
A security update? All of your customers want Nougat 7.0 but your giving us a security update. A friend of mine is on a EE contract and he got a Samsung S6, he got Nougat. I just heard o2 are releasing a security update, that is why im saying this
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Put your phone into recovery mode by powering off, and holding volume down whilst plugging in usb.
On Xperia companion, choose firmware repair and follow the instructions.
Message 11 of 13

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

This, I believe IS a software issue and one I am massively not happy about seeing as Sony themselves pulled the Android 7.0 update stating that the chip set inside the devices were nopt suitable. Yet, the update was forced upon me.

Not quite true, the update was "pulled" for Z3 due to its incompatibility with openGL3.2 or Vulkan api's. Google made this a mandatory requirement for nougat.

Your Z3+ is actually the same SOC and build platform as Z5 series and tablet Z4.

Believe me, you experience is not the norm and is not due to incompatible hardware.

Message 12 of 13

TeeEmm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
O2 do seem a lot slower than other networks. I have an O2 Huawei P9. Unbranded P9 and Voda already have their update... We dont even have an estimated date and Google has moved onto 7.1 and even previewed version 8!

Its really sad how networks are seemingly dragging their heels to push out updates. Its as if they dont give a damn about customers that are already in the bag!
Message 13 of 13