cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G connection problems on HTC Desire S

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm currently suffering problems when my phone tries to use the 3g900 signal that has recently appears at my home and work place. My phone connects for a minute or so and then losses all services including texts and calls. My phone is not listed on the 3g900 compatible list though the original desire is?? The only solution appears to be to switch 3g off on the phone and only use 2g  does anybody know of another solution?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to let you all know I've swapped my sim card, big thanks to my local O2 store and phone is now connecting via 3G900 without any issues. The only thing I can think of is my sim was pre 3g900 and may not have been totally compatible. Anyway all's well that ends well:-)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the phone firmware up to date?

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

The firmware appears to be upto date as there are no updates available. The phone is unlocked and currently running htc's ICS update and sense 3.6. When this problem started I uninstalled some recent apps and even did a factory reset neither solved the problem. A friend who has an N8 also has similar problems when he visits but his phone works find again when he moves into the next cell, mine will start connecting and then loose all services again after a couple of minutes. I might go to an O2 shop and try a new sim.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to let you all know I've swapped my sim card, big thanks to my local O2 store and phone is now connecting via 3G900 without any issues. The only thing I can think of is my sim was pre 3g900 and may not have been totally compatible. Anyway all's well that ends well:-)

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Good news, thanks for letting us know.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5