cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd samsung galaxy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 1 year into my contract and on my 2nd phone 1st one had that many faults they finally gave in and gave me a new one, now this one is playing up saying my SD card is blank or has unsupported files !!! So all my pics have gone (luckily I have drop box) and I now can't use my camera. Any ideas anyone ??

ps tried a new SD card says the same thing Cat Mad

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

If you have everything backed up I would try a reset using the root menu. It will wipe the phone but should resolve your issue. Back up your contacts to your gmail account first.

Switch off the phone. Hold down volume up + home button + on switch until you get the splash screen, then release and you will see the android bot. When the menu comes up, use the volume button to scroll down to reset and execute by pressing the on button.

Be careful what apps you put back on the phone as it may be one of them giving you the issues.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

If you have everything backed up I would try a reset using the root menu. It will wipe the phone but should resolve your issue. Back up your contacts to your gmail account first.

Switch off the phone. Hold down volume up + home button + on switch until you get the splash screen, then release and you will see the android bot. When the menu comes up, use the volume button to scroll down to reset and execute by pressing the on button.

Be careful what apps you put back on the phone as it may be one of them giving you the issues.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Have just inserted the original SD card (which I had tried before) and it is now working ?? Not sure weather to leave it be now,, or if this problem will rear it's ugly head again... Never again am I having a phone like this. It's ridiculous

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Message 4 of 4