cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 weeks and mobile still not unlocked!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Would someone please send me a new unlock code from Samsung, as the one provided below has been provided in the past and does not work. I still receive the same error message saying it is incorrect and this is the second time O2 has provided this unlock code, which hasn’t worked again (please review notes on my file).

I also have received the new device from O2 which was sent to my old UK address. Where I then got it sent to my address in Australia. Only to be told that I need an O2 sim card to insert in the phone for 24 hours before it can be unlocked (which I disconnected in December as I paid out my contract and moved to Australia)... So now I have my original Samsung S6 locked to O2, and another brand new Samsung S6 which is also locked to O2... The only option to unlock the new phone I received is to get a friend to mail me a physical SIM to Australia, put it in my phone here before requesting for an unlock code? Is there anything else that can be done (e.g. a completely unlocked phone, which I was originally told on the phone by the Manager who issued me with the new phone)?

Lastly, on the email with the unlatch code there was an email address to clntact, which I did. Then received an email that the service is no longer provided - you should remove this from your communications with customers... so I've ended up here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do from my end, otherwise I look forward to hearing from you.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10157 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3007 Solutions
Hi,

1. The unlock codes come from Samsung themselves into o2 who in turn provide them to you, this is tied to the IMEI of the device.

2. o2 dont provide (exceptions apply) unlocked handsets to anyone even enterprises, you have to request the unlock code.

3. You will need to put in a UK sim card to the S6, and make 5 minutes of calls or data usage due to an additonal lock that Samsung put on the device if used outside of the EU, then you can check if unlocked. google "Samsung Region Lock"
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10157 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3007 Solutions
Hi,

1. The unlock codes come from Samsung themselves into o2 who in turn provide them to you, this is tied to the IMEI of the device.

2. o2 dont provide (exceptions apply) unlocked handsets to anyone even enterprises, you have to request the unlock code.

3. You will need to put in a UK sim card to the S6, and make 5 minutes of calls or data usage due to an additonal lock that Samsung put on the device if used outside of the EU, then you can check if unlocked. google "Samsung Region Lock"
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Realistically you have no chance of unlocking the phone while in Australia.
The new phone isn't registered on the o2 network so there is no chance of generating the code on o2's system.
The best way is to send the phone to someone in the uk on o2 and ask them to use it and apply for the code here.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in the process of waiting for a similar from the UK and then I'll try the 3rd option from madasaf1sh... Though MI5, I have felt this way so far as nobody at the call centre have been helpful.Thanks
Message 4 of 4