Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone

Rebecca4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

can i put my current sim card into my new phone until my contract runs out in april (so i can start using my new phone) and then swap to sim only sim whenmy contract runs out? 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Rebecca4 

Yes you can. The sim will work in your new phone as long as it's the correct size. All changes occur on your account, not the sim.

Edited to add, when you change to sim only at your contract end, make sure you choose UPGRADE to sim only.

Again you can keep the same sim, unless you have a 5G phone and want 5G. Then you will need a 5G sim You can keep the number by doing a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Rebecca4 

Yes you can. The sim will work in your new phone as long as it's the correct size. All changes occur on your account, not the sim.

Edited to add, when you change to sim only at your contract end, make sure you choose UPGRADE to sim only.

Again you can keep the same sim, unless you have a 5G phone and want 5G. Then you will need a 5G sim You can keep the number by doing a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Rebecca4 

I notice that you have asked numerous questions on different threads today

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Access-For-All/Coming-up-to-end-of-contract/m-p/1440790 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Access-For-All/ending-contract/m-p/1440911 

As they are all relating to the same topic, it might be easier if you kept to one thread?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3