Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my husbands phone was stolen

gaynorcc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

my husbands phone was stolen. It says it can reported 24hours but when getting through it says it can't reported and to call back in their business hours ?????? I have called 03448090222 and 03448090202 and I cannot find another number to report it and get it blocked. how can I report it now?

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 787 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Hey @gmarkj@gaynorcc  and others.

I've checked this out and the option to restrict your account/SIM is now available within My O2 for 360 customers. This can be done following the below steps ↘️

Login via email OTAC confirmation ➡️ My O2 ➡️ Bars and Diverts.

For Legacy customers and/or to restrict your device you'll need to contact customer services within opening hours on either 202, 03448090202 or +447860980202 if you're outside the UK. You can also contact us via Webchat to get restrictions added.

You can find more help and advice ➡️ Lost or stolen device | Help & Support | O2

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I always thought it was 24/7 for reporting lost or stolen phones

I've just tried myself and you are correct, they say phone back during business hours

A bit pathetic but this is yet another sympton of a network giving little support to it's customers

Message 2 of 17

MI5
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@gaynorcc 

No idea if this will bypass anything, but.....

Call 202 from any O2 mobile or 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 or 0800 032 1402
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Lost/Stolen' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.
You can also reach O2 via social media:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 17

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23476 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

@gaynorcc Absurd that you're getting that message. Report the theft to the police asap to protect your liability. Also contact your homeowners insurance, if you have coverage for your phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 17

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I navigated right through the options and chatbot confirmed I was asking for lost/stolen and said she was passing me through to someone who could help

That's when they said they cannot handle lost/stolen at the moment and to call back during business hours

Disgraceful to be honest

Message 5 of 17

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37206 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I always thought it was 24/7 for reporting lost or stolen phones

I've just tried myself and you are correct, they say phone back during business hours

A bit pathetic but this is yet another sympton of a network giving little support to it's customers

Network might be a bit stretched by Storm Isha this evening - but they could change the recorded message...!

Message 6 of 17

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7088 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

No reason for the theft reporting not to be given priority if a customer chooses the right option.

There will come a tipping point when O2s past reputation will cease to get them the volume of new customers they require to keep churn manageable 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12339 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions

Think this is something that needs reporting back @Dave-O2 .

If customers are liable for anything until a phone is reported lost, then the line being closed means customers have greater liability than they should....

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 124153 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

Think this is something that needs reporting back @Dave-O2 .

If customers are liable for anything until a phone is reported lost, then the line being closed means customers have greater liability than they should....

Totally agree @gmarkj 🤔

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 17

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 787 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

I'm getting this looked at and when i have an update, i'll share on this thread 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 10 of 17