Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ending contract

Rebecca4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have decided i want to look into ending my current contract early, but cannot find out how much i would need to pay to do this?

i also then want to change my sim to sim only as i have seen a good deal for o2 which suits me and my new phone, but when it says "upgrade" it only gives me the options to buy the phone and contract through o2, theres no sim only option? i have already bought a phone just need my number transferred over. should i buy the new sim now, and put it in my new phone? then call to change the number over or should i ring to swap to sim only? idk what im doing and i hate calling people 

i did just post earlier and the replies were very helpful but now i have decided i want to swap everything to my new phone early

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Rebecca4 

The sim only option may not appear until you are out of contract.

To find out what you owe, Text the word INFO to 85075

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Rebecca4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hold on let me make this easier...

should i cancel my current contract and pay the extra money they want for ending early and get a pac number to move over to my new sim.

then buy the sim only sim i want to put in my new phone and transfer my old number over.

or can i not do the above?

or should i call them and explain my situation and they might be able to change my current contract to a sim only deal (the one i have seen is 100gb for £20 a month for 18 months) and then ill pay the early ending fee on top??

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Rebecca4 

The sim only option may not appear until you are out of contract.

To find out what you owe, Text the word INFO to 85075

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

Rebecca4
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

or can i swap my current sim card into my new phone until my contract runs out in april and then swap sims?

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Rebecca4 

Yes you can as long as your new phone is either unlocked or on O2 network.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5