Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has my sim only bill increased suddenly more than double in price

John_Fortune
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi can someone help please. My contract ended for my phone last year so I opted for a sim only. On the My 02 app it says I can upgrade today so I've been looking at upgrading my phone. I've sent PAC to get a pack code and the message I got back was that I'd still be charged a fee of £321.24 wtf. 

My sim only was costing me £15.20 a month for unlimited everything and now its jumped up to £44.26. Why, and without notifying me. 

This bill is on my current phone Samsung Galaxy S9 hence why I was looking to upgrade it today because for that price I can get a newer phone and I'm not happy with paying £44 for a older phone. 

Please help, there are no extra charges on my bill, just that its jumped upto £44 from £15. I wanted to upgrade but I'd still be charged the £321.24 right

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

You only have to pay if you leave O2 @John_Fortune 

As for the price change, you'll need to ask O2 why Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@John_Fortune 

You don't need a PAC to upgrade from a simo  to a phone.

You can upgrade without any penalty fees at anytime.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

John_Fortune
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thats what I don't understand. I got the pac code just to have incase I moved over to another network coz of the price jump. I don't understand why my sim only has gone from £15 to £44 and with no notification of the increase. It states that I'd be charged the £300+ if I upgraded today but I paid off the contract in full last year. As I thought a sim only package I could upgrade anytime, are they saying I've got to pay off the sim only payments like a contract phone? And why is my sim only bill gone from the £15 to £44

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

You only have to pay if you leave O2 @John_Fortune 

As for the price change, you'll need to ask O2 why Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4