Did you mean: 

Where is my order

WS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hello,

I joined O2 and ordered a new phone on the 30th of June after my device had been stolen. Everything was well and it said that delivery should be 2-3 days, which means I was supposed to receive my new device by the day today the latest. Unfortunately, I did not. My previous phone is gone so of course I had to rely on O2's tempermental chat service, which yielded no results. I was told by an advisor yesterday that on my order it says "Credit check referred" (why was i not notified on this?), that he will put in a request for me, and that I should receive an answer within 24 hours. I am yet to receive any information after 24 hours. I chatted to another advisor today and when she tranferred me to the team that might be able to help the chat disconnected. 

I cannot call O2 because my phone was stolen and I am not getting any infromation on what is happening with my order, and i feel like I am being left in the dark and that i've made a huge mistake signing up to O2. 

Anyone had the same experience and able to give some advice?

thanks so much!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10171 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@WS

If the credit check has been referred then it can take upto 7 working days to be processed, as they will be performing additional checks, before processing your order. 

You will get an update via email, when your order is approved or declined...

You can use Skype to call Customer Services by trying 0800 032 1402 from any computer or tablet.

edited: to add more information

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
  • 10171 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@WS

If the credit check has been referred then it can take upto 7 working days to be processed, as they will be performing additional checks, before processing your order. 

You will get an update via email, when your order is approved or declined...

You can use Skype to call Customer Services by trying 0800 032 1402 from any computer or tablet.

edited: to add more information

Message 2 of 5

WS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you!

I wish they had notified me that they are performing this check and that it may take x days to make a decision instead of not tell me anything at all while I sit and wait... It is difficult to be without a phone nowadays and their lack of communication is very disappointing. 

I'll see how the Skype thing works, thanks!

Do you maybe know if I can cancel my order because of this and not be charged? I require a phone ASAP and thought this was a quick and easy service so I chose O2 despite the high price, but I am considering simply cancelling this and turning to a different company. 

Thanks again:)

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23073 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@WS If you don't know how to use Skype, here's a guide: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823

When it comes to the reason you are calling customer service, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

Use the Upgrade, Lost/Stolen, or Fraud option if the above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
  • 10171 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions
@WS

If you don't want to proceed they will be able to cancel the order for you.

Just be aware that you could have the same problem with any of the other networks as well.
Message 5 of 5