Did you mean: 

Introducing Volt – the new supercharged service from Virgin Media O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions
Volt_Banner_Crop_2.gif

UPDATE: We've seem some repeat questions and common issues being raised. We've added an update here so if you're experiencing issues, please read this first and see our post-weekend update here too.

Good morning all. What a week this is going to be! This morning we have introduced Volt to the world, the new supercharged service from Virgin Media O2. Our press release was published here this morning with notes and sources, but I've copied the juicy bits below.

Whether you're an O2 customer, a VM customer, both, or none, you can check out our handy website here which will show you how you can get supercharged.

Can I get Volt benefits for everyone in my household who’s on O2?

If you have Virgin Media broadband in your name, you’ll be able to get Volt benefits for all O2 Pay Monthly plans in your name, in your household. But we’re expanding this. Soon, anyone in your household with their own O2 Pay Monthly plan will be able to get Volt benefits through the household’s Virgin Media broadband account. Keep an eye on My O2 and you’ll see the option to activate Volt benefits when it becomes available to you, and you can also stay up to date by visiting https://www.o2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2

_16-9 Screens_v001.jpg

First joint product gives customers the best of both brands, with even greater value on UK’s fastest major broadband provider and award winning mobile network

• Volt marks the first major launch since Virgin Media and O2’s £31bn merger earlier this year
  • Gig 1 broadband available for the first time in a bundle, combined with an unlimited data O2 SIM and TV favourites
  • Existing customers simply need to register to get their services supercharged – for free
  • Volt brings faster broadband speeds, double mobile data and discounts

London, UK: Virgin Media O2 is today lifting the lid on its first ever joint product, Volt, bringing together award winning connectivity and amazing entertainment from both Virgin Media and O2, to give customers even more from their services – more speed, more data and more value.

Virgin Media and O2 customers can now supercharge their services and reap extra rewards simply by being customers of both brands. Volt offers double the broadband speed, double the mobile data and discounts on connected devices when customers have or choose to take a broadband service from Virgin Media and a Pay Monthly plan from O2. What’s more, customers with an O2 plan can access exclusive rewards, perks and experiences from Priority – one of the UK’s best loyalty initiatives.

The new joint offering comes less than 150 days since Virgin Media O2 launched, building on the company’s momentum of almost 13 million gigabit premises passed and 5G coverage from O2 expanded to 210 locations. Volt highlights Virgin Media O2’s commitment to offer more choice, convenience and innovation with seamless broadband, entertainment and mobile services all available under one roof.

Exclusive Virgin Media O2 Volt benefits include:

• A broadband speed boost to the next tier available (e.g. 100Mbps boosted to 200Mbps)
  • Double mobile data on all eligible O2 Pay Monthly plans (e.g. 10GB boosted to 20GB)
  • Up to £150 off a connected device such as a tablet or smartwatch when taking a new O2 Pay Monthly Custom plan
  • WiFi Pods available to bolster connectivity around the home
  • Roaming in 75 countries including USA, Australia and Spain with O2 Travel

Volt is available to both new and existing customers, offering exclusive benefits to account holders no matter what broadband package or eligible Pay Monthly plan they take. Those new to either Virgin Media or O2 will be able to upgrade to Volt when they add relevant services to their connectivity line-up, while existing customers of both Virgin Media and O2 simply need to enrol via MyO2 to get their services supercharged – at no additional cost.

Jeff Dodds, Chief Operating Officer at Virgin Media O2 said,

“With Volt, we’re combining the speed and reliability of Virgin Media’s broadband and O2’s mobile networks alongside a variety of incredible perks to give our customers more.

“The launch of converged services in less than 150 days as a business is a huge milestone moment and demonstrates the momentum we have behind our commitment to supercharge connectivity across the UK. This is just the start.”

This exciting milestone for Virgin Media O2 means that consumers who do not currently take services from either brand can supercharge their package with Volt from the get-go, with new bundles containing an O2 SIM and Virgin Media broadband available on 18 month contracts. The new packages include the ‘Big Volt’ bundle, ‘Bigger Volt’ bundle and ‘Ultimate Volt’ bundle, all of which come with the exclusive Volt benefits and boosts to offer customers more. Pricing for Volt bundles start from £40 per month for 200Mbps Broadband (boosted from 100Mbps), Talk More Weekends and a 10GB O2 SIM (boosted from 5GB). The top Volt bundle (Ultimate Volt bundle) includes Gig1 broadband, an unlimited data O2 SIM, tonnes of TV favourites and two TV 360 boxes, available for £99 per month.

Supercharging small businesses

Small businesses and start-ups who take a Voom broadband service from Virgin Media Business and an eligible O2 Small Biz tariff can also supercharge their services, with 4G start-up and back-up, double mobile data and exclusive perks from Priority.

Virgin Media O2 is the leading converged challenger in the market, pairing O2’s award winning mobile network and the UK’s fastest major broadband provider to enhance connectivity for customers at home and on the go. With Virgin Media’s rapid gigabit broadband rollout and O2’s commitment to deliver 5G to half the UK population in 2023, Virgin Media O2 is just getting started.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 524
523 REPLIES 523

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

So now this answer on Facebook from Virgin Media, this is incompetence at the highest level: Jeff Dodds should be ashamed of this whole things

madasaf1sh_0-1634918455615.png

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 81 of 524

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good old Virgin Media.....

Message 82 of 524

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Anonymous 

I spoke to one of the 402 team, and they are as baffled as everyone else, and they are taking the brunt of frustrations, which isn't on, as the most of the CS teams at o2 and I will shout out the 402 guys are amazing and I have never had a problem until now with this faff...

Wish I hadn't even bothered clicking that button... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 83 of 524

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Thanks, @Chris_K - my very first foray into the browser version of MyO2 hit me with this one - name and address in both VM billing and O2 billing are a match.

1634924419620.jpg

Stuck, stymied and stewing!

Message 84 of 524

Pestca
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

"You already have Volt benefits, or can't get them in your area..."

Same here. I've been Virgin broadband customer for years and I can get a gig1 in my area. I am the account holder on VM and O2 both on the same address yet can't get the volt benefits. I've joined O2 two days ago to get it and it's not working...

Message 85 of 524

Carlton
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been with VM for broadband for absolutely years, joined O2 for my mobile. Received a txt regarding the Volts benefits. Offer was also in the MyO2 app, yet like others I just get "You already have Volt benefits... blah blah blah". Yet I don't. Both O2 & VM accounts are in the same name and address (apart from the space in my postcode, which the MyO2 app won't allow me to edit). Contacted O2 they said to wait 14 days, even though I haven't selected anything yet, and to contact VM. I contacted VM and they said to contact O2!🤣🤣

Message 86 of 524

Soulja
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I rang virgin about upgrading my fibre with the boost and they said I need to sign up to a certain sim deal to get it but when I signed up to the £8 12gb offer on Wednesday it said I would get the supercharged boosts. Absolute farce this is. 

Message 87 of 524

TheSquire
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nice to see I'm not alone with the "Already have volt benefits or can't get it at your address yet" issue! Same address and name for both, been with Virgin for years and o2 for the last 3 or 4, just upgraded my sim only phone contract so I know that is eligable for volt. Was going to upgrade my VM but they took away my upgrade option and there's no package I want now. Can't do anything for the next week so hoping they get things slightly better organised by then........not holding my breath!

Message 88 of 524

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Well. Wonder of wonders.

Screenshot_20211023-084455.png

Now what? 👏

Message 89 of 524

saabw1
  • 30 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been a O2 customer for over 10 years. 

But we do not have VM available in our area , it available on neighbouring streets only metres away. We've been registering an interest every year since cable was installed to these streets over 10 years ago! It has been on deaf ears.

All this advertising the merger benefits is a red flag to bull for me. My O2 contract is up in 4 months and will final jump ship.

There are NO benefits for O2 customers whatsoever

PS used to be an O2 broadband customer. Why not bring back Broadband to FTTC for non VM customers.

Even cheap 4G broadband packages , or 5G when available to a larger range of customers, again this not available to our town. It is available to a nearby town centre.

Message 90 of 524