cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt benefits not much better?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been on VOLT monthly sim only since June. First had £12 sim 5GB data doubled to 10GB because with volt. Then in October was offered  £23 a month unlimited, calls, text and 125GB data. Again this was doubled because Im with VOLT. I was told would actually be unlimited data anyway because when data doubled its then 250GB. It also states that on contract so was correct. So 250GB is unlimited. Also had no problems with that. Dont understand why they offer and charge customers more data for over 250GB though if I was told 250 means unlimited???  I was then given option to upgrade to handset so decided to take offer Im now paying £23.83 for 125GB data doubled again because on VOLT so will have 250GB again. But my data not being shown as unlimited like I was getting on payg monthly sim. Wondering if anyone else had similar issues? 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have actually looked into this and realised that O2 have made such a huge error. They sent me email 2 months ago as they were charging me incorrect prices that they actually offered me in my contract. They said would refund me within 45 days and continue to charge me the cheaper prices until i next upgrade. I received a phone call few weeks before that email was sent to me about incorrect prices. I was offered upgrade to the 125GB double data sim so would then get 250GB unlimited data. No wonder i can't find this on site or anywhere because they knew had made a mistake and wanted me to change contract so I would not then get cheaper prices. How crafty. Can't believe I have only just noticed this. 

Will keep you updated as taking this further now 

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

JAYCALJAY__0-1703047564373.png

Message 3 of 14

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6938 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1544 Solutions

We are just customers here. All we know about Volt is in the Megaguide

Not had other complaints of your nature as far as  I can remember

Volt Megaguide 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 14

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 7017 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@Anonymous 

I am not sure whether you have misunderstood or have been misled, but there is no way that 250Gb is unlimited data. In fact, I do not believe that there is ever unlimited data on O2, as even on "unlimited" packages there is a fair use policy :-

O2 | Consumer Fair Usage Policy | Terms and Conditions

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2-consumer-fair-usage-policy

Please do keep us updated on developments !

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot_20231223_003428.jpg

Message 6 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have attached email i received when was offered that tariff. See definitely now have reason to believe the mistake they made charging me on my first tariff was why they offered me this tariff. Still waiting for refund on incorrect prices that they said would we refund me with 4% interest. They said would continue to honour me the prices in my original tariff until i upgraded. Then was offered the unlimited data but states 250. I took that offer as was to good to miss. No wonder i cant find anywhere on site. 

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

No not resolved as no one else had same issue. Its because my original contact was incorrect pricing. As per message below stating no way is unlimited data on 250gb. However I have proof and attached below. Still waiting for O2 to get back to me. 

Message 9 of 14

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 7017 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@Anonymous 

If this is not resolved after the Christmas break, you need to pursue it with O2 :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I still do not see how 250Gb data can be unlimited, but if you have been promised a refund with interest, you need to chase it up. Please remember that this is a customer to customer forum, so nobody here can help you. 

Message 10 of 14