1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6953 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1545 Solutions

This is not O2 but a community of customers. We know nothing about your case 

Assume you have reported this to O2 and are waiting a response from their fraud department.

You need to speak directly to O2

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6953 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1545 Solutions

This is not O2 but a community of customers. We know nothing about your case 

Assume you have reported this to O2 and are waiting a response from their fraud department.

You need to speak directly to O2

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10391 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3043 Solutions

@Hba 

When you have been found not liable, or you end up in court on Fraud charges. 

No one on this customer community can tell you, and nor can o2, until the investigations are complete..  

If you want to cancel then have a look here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract but you might not be able to, until the case ends. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 7045 Posts
  • 134 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@Hba 

Whilst I have huge sympathy for your predicament, it is probably worth mentioning that O2 might be unable to give you an update whilst their fraud investigation is ongoing. They have to comply with both criminal law and Money Laundering Regulations and this could be jeopardised if they update you whilst their case is incomplete. It is also possible that your case has been subsumed into a wider investigation if the same fraudster has other "victims" in addition to you.

It has been mentioned that other O2 customers have had similar issues. In fact, last Autumn, there were several national newspaper articles and even a programme on TV about fraud against O2. You can find details of those if you search this forum.

I would keep reminding O2 about this, at least so they do not forget about you !

Message 4 of 4