Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade/retention contact?

Steeloz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - I'm looking to change phone / upgrade and would normally pick up the phone to talk through the best options. 

The tricky thing with that is I've broken both jaws and wired up .... tends to make 'talking' a little tricky! I can only find a phone number to talk to retention/recontract teams ... does anyone know if there's an email or a way I can 'type' a conversation? 

Thanks all.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Steeloz, and sorry to hear about you broke your jaws recently - I hope your recovery goes smoothly!

I've checked on my end which options we could recommend for you to update in this case, and here are a few:

• The best suggestion we’d have would be to upgrade online. If you want some advice about a new phone or tariff, the other members might be able to help you find something that suits your needs if you tell us a bit more about what you're after slight_smile

• Another option would be for you to visit an O2 store. You can take with you a nominated person to, in essence, be your interpreter and discuss your upgrade with an in-store guru.

• Finally you could also register with our “Access for You” service. This has been set up to help any customers that may need extra assistance. One of the tools that can be used as part of this is the Next Generation Text Service, which you can read more about here - however please note that the matching app hasn’t been updated for years now, so you might not get a connection. It was designed for customers who have long-term or permanent needs, most of whom will have a text-phone, which does work seamlessly with the service. Without one of these devices, the options above would be best.

I hope this helps slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Steeloz you can try live chat http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus but we wouldn't usually recommend it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Steeloz
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi .... yeah .. I found that out the hard way. Pleasant but ultimately not much use. Thanks for the reply though.

Message 3 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Steeloz 

Just thinking is there nothing for disabilities?

Deaf people, how do they cope?

I will ask one of our Community Managers to see if there

may be a way?

Could be Monday before reply 

@Marjo?

@EmilieT 

@Martin-O2 

If nothing else we can all be informed then ~ Best of luck and hope your wired jaws heal quickly.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 9

Steeloz
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. Much appreciated

Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The access for all thread is here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Access-For-All/Access-For-All/td-p/1201405
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Steeloz
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks again. It looks like that is mostly focused on how to get the most out of the o2 service generally, rather than this contract issue, so I'm not sure I'll get where I need to. But again - thanks for finding the link.

Message 7 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Steeloz, and sorry to hear about you broke your jaws recently - I hope your recovery goes smoothly!

I've checked on my end which options we could recommend for you to update in this case, and here are a few:

• The best suggestion we’d have would be to upgrade online. If you want some advice about a new phone or tariff, the other members might be able to help you find something that suits your needs if you tell us a bit more about what you're after slight_smile

• Another option would be for you to visit an O2 store. You can take with you a nominated person to, in essence, be your interpreter and discuss your upgrade with an in-store guru.

• Finally you could also register with our “Access for You” service. This has been set up to help any customers that may need extra assistance. One of the tools that can be used as part of this is the Next Generation Text Service, which you can read more about here - however please note that the matching app hasn’t been updated for years now, so you might not get a connection. It was designed for customers who have long-term or permanent needs, most of whom will have a text-phone, which does work seamlessly with the service. Without one of these devices, the options above would be best.

I hope this helps slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 9

Steeloz
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi EmilieT - I really appreciate the response. I guess I was thinking that by speaking to those departments that there may be better deals? I don't know if that's true, but I was hoping there would be another way of contacting those teams. I will try visiting a branch with someone, and see what I can arrange, but if there's nothing that can be done then thats ok. I accept it's a but of a rare situation I guess, and I'm lucky not a permanent one. It's a bit of an eye opener though.

Thanks again for your help. 

Message 9 of 9