Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Unlocking an O2 phone

[ Edited ]

Hi, I called today to get my mobile unlocked as I was transferring to another supplier today but hadn't unlocked the phone first (very stupidly!); and was told an email would be sent to me with an unlatch code, anywhere between 1-7 days. The very nice lady said she would try and get it through as quickly as possible, but as I'm 50% deaf in both ears, it's proving a problem - my landline isn't very good reception so I can't hear as well on it. I rely on my mobile as it's much clearer for me to hear better. Is there anything you can do to push it through as a matter of urgence please. Much appreciated for any help you can give me. Many thanks

Topics: 649

Re: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card.

@EmilieTcan you help @Mazcat1?

*The Game Is On*

Community Manager

Re: Unlocking an O2 phone

Good morning @Mazcat1, and welcome to the forum Wave I understand this is a challenging situation for you so I'd happily check on my end what we can do to help - I need a few more details first so I'll send you a Private Message on the forum shortly slight smile

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff!

Check out some of the recent discussions:
What do you look for in a new tablet Let us know what your criteria are when picking up a tablet!
MWC - The future with 5G Have a look at some potential 5G uses, and let us know what it means to you!
Which O2 Academy gig are you most interested in this year? Check out what's coming up and let us know which gig you fancy!
Samsung S10 range - Pre-order now on O2 - Find out the latest info on Samsung's announcement and join the conversation! 

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Thank you so much, @EmilieT - after some mess ups (my end! Again!) I've PM'd reply to you.  And thank you so much for helping too @Cleoriff So much appreciated! I'm a bit lost without my mobile, the clarity is so much better than on my landline phone, which helps with me being partly deaf! slight frown xx

Highlighted
Community Manager

Don't worry about it @Mazcat1 smiling Thanks a lot for sending more details over, I've passed everything on to our gurus now and as soon as I hear back I'll let you know - hopefully very soon!

Check out some of the recent discussions:
What do you look for in a new tablet Let us know what your criteria are when picking up a tablet!
MWC - The future with 5G Have a look at some potential 5G uses, and let us know what it means to you!
Which O2 Academy gig are you most interested in this year? Check out what's coming up and let us know which gig you fancy!
Samsung S10 range - Pre-order now on O2 - Find out the latest info on Samsung's announcement and join the conversation! 

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

All sorted by the wonderful @EmilieT and @Cleoriff - I am forever grateful; you have sorted this out so quickly for me. <3 xx
Topics: 649

So pleased it's sorted @Mazcat1

@EmilieThas a magic wand when it comes to unlocking  joy

*The Game Is On*