UNO Braille Edition

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Deck of UNO cards

Hi everyone, 

I spotted some news I wanted to share, as I thought it was a lovely idea! slight_smile

You might remember some time ago I posted about the new LEGO® Braille bricks - well another popular game has been amde more inclusive, and you can now get Braille UNO cards, allowing visually-impaired and non visually-impaired people to play together. This edition of the game was developed in partnership with the National Federation of the Blind, and I for one think it's a brilliant idea bulb

Any UNO fans around? If you get a chance to try this version of the game, I'd love to hear how you found it!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A brilliant innovation and long overdue so that all visually impaired family members can join in. We used to play this as a family many years ago. 

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

What an excellent idea. Anything which helps visually impaired is a great move in the right direction

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
A lovely idea @EmilieT
Fantastic to be included if a person has difficulty in seeing properly, it will bring much happiness.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@jonsie @Cleoriff @TallTrees I'm glad you're also happy about this news! smiley

Slightly off topic, but did you guys also play UNO "wrong"? grimacing

Screenshot of tweet

And if you've seen any other classic family games that are inclusive, or could benefit from a new inclusive edition like this, I'd love to know about it slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 5 of 8

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@jonsie @Cleoriff @TallTrees I'm glad you're also happy about this news! smiley

Slightly off topic, but did you guys also play UNO "wrong"? grimacing

Screenshot of tweet

And if you've seen any other classic family games that are inclusive, or could benefit from a new inclusive edition like this, I'd love to know about it slight_smile

HELLO @EmilieT 

I HAVE NEVER PLAYED UNO  ~ right or wrong

I am quite sure there would be other card games that could be inclusive.Thinking

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@TallTrees I found online simple decks of cards that used braille alphabet as well, so I'm sure you're right and many other card games already have inclusive editions or could easily have one!

@jonsie I don't know how you resisted the temptation to counter a +4 with an additional +4, but hats off Hero

signature

Message 8 of 8