Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch day from EE to O2, falls on previous bill date

ellysheal
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My old contract ended today, so today I finally swapped my EE sim to the new O2 sim. I’ve submitted my PAC today (Saturday) and due to bank holiday it will be switched by Wednesday. My issue is that this will be the date my EE bill usually falls on (5th of the month). Will I still be charged my old bill on this date and then my O2 bill too later in the month, or will the switch happen and the EE contract be cancelled in time despite being same day? Thanks in advance!!
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@ellysheal 

As soon as your PAC is processed by O2 then it will end your contract with EE. If you have nothing outstanding there will be nothing taken from your account re EE.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@ellysheal 

Ports do not happen over the weekend or on a bank holiday, so you will be charged anything still outstanding on the EE bill.

Your first bill for O2 ..

You’ll get your first bill within four days of joining O2, and you’ll be charged 14 days after you receive it. Your official billing date is usually the date you joined us, and it will be the same every month.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/your-bill 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

ellysheal
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hiya, thank you. I’m aware that the switch will be happening on Wednesday 5th, as I submitted my PAC today and there is the bank holiday on Monday. My issue was that this is the date that my next normal EE bill will be processed (I have nothing outstanding as I am outside of my minimum term), so will that bill still be processed on the Wednesday, or will the contract be cancelled due to the switch happening on the same day (weds)?

Many thanks!
Eloise
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@ellysheal 

As soon as your PAC is processed by O2 then it will end your contract with EE. If you have nothing outstanding there will be nothing taken from your account re EE.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

ellysheal
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Amazing, thank you!
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@ellysheal 

EE will generate your final bill at the point your number ports across.

You WILL be charged for any use since your last bill from them, so do not cancel any direct debits until it's paid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6