Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogervoice

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Rogervoice    is the latest voice to text app.  Very easy to use .   I tried www.rogervoice.com    - Ithink

introduced by my local hearing resource centre last week.  Its free between app users but theres a monthly charge (only found in euros and dollars as yet) for 24/7to non users. It looks promising but havent tried it yet.

How doe this fit in with 02 Either the free calls     or the paid for calls ????

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35905 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1585 Solutions

I had to do some reading around this, with an oldish article here:

https://techcrunch.com/2014/09/26/with-rogervoice-deaf-people-can-make-their-first-phone-calls/

Looks like it uses some element of VOIP, but not sure if that means you are using data for calls (available on most new Android phones, if enabled by O2, to let you call using your data or WiFi signal), or if it replaces calling (like WhatsApp, for example, where both need to subscribe to WhatsApp).

I am not sure what exactly you are asking, though, @Jenny105.

Message 2 of 3

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

I had to do some reading around this, with an oldish article here:

https://techcrunch.com/2014/09/26/with-rogervoice-deaf-people-can-make-their-first-phone-calls/

Looks like it uses some element of VOIP, but not sure if that means you are using data for calls (available on most new Android phones, if enabled by O2, to let you call using your data or WiFi signal), or if it replaces calling (like WhatsApp, for example, where both need to subscribe to WhatsApp).

I am not sure what exactly you are asking, though, @Jenny105.

I signed up to give this a go. Its free between users of Roger voice . Otherwise theres a monthly subscription to use between non users.  Im contemplating using this latter service as Im finding Relay UK  or the NGT services too difficult to get going with.

My calls are now unlimited so Im assuming making a call via would be free on 02. I'll try Martin or Marg (she visits sometimes). 

Message 3 of 3