Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return scratched phone

Cooper17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I recently purchased an iPhone 11 however was unhappy with the camera quality upon arrival so chose to send it back using the Change of Mind policy. I only had the phone for 3 days, however when I went to package it back up to return, I noticed there is a noticeable scratch on the back. Will O2 still allow me to make the exchange? Or will they tell me I have to keep the phone due to it being 'damaged' ? Thanks a lot.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Cooper17 

You may have a problem returning a damaged phone.

Anything you return or exchange must still be in brand new condition. For phones, tablets and Apple Watch this includes removing any security features that would prevent us from accessing it (like Apple’s Find My iPhone) and unlinking your device from certain accounts (like iCloud account, Apple Store or Google Play). If your product comes back damaged or used beyond what's reasonable, we may need to charge you. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cooper17
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thank you so much for your response.

After these fees are paid will I be able to go ahead with the exchange? Have the fear of being stuck with a phone I do not like

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Cooper17 

Yes of course.

Send it back and let them assess it.

They will tell you if you need to pay anything or not, but once paid, you can go for a different device.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Cooper17
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Amazing thank you!

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Welcome

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6