cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommend Purchase a mobile phone for a deaf person simple enough working it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

At present  I have with O2 the Binatone SM300 GSM mobile. Being in the deaf side of life I need the amplification it provides. The user guide Binatone provides is very limited with instructions. On the screen displays the music symbol,ringer off-ringer-on. the ringer display has moved from on to off. Which I think does not ring for me to hear and miss calls. Went through the layout but titles come up scared if I ckck them I will screw up.Contacting Binatone like contacting God,no joy. I have an iPad which shows all fancy things. The phone I need is to recieve and send calls with a time delay to get it out of the pocket and loud. Simpley downloading things operational.

Appreceate your advice get an up to date type phone that suits old and deaf people. You helped me in the past, would appreciate your advice. Thanks. beaver403

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions

There is a recent thread here @Anonymous which may interest you.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Mobile-Phone-for-older-lady-with-Phonak-hearing-aids-quite-deaf/m-p/1030136#U1030136

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions

There is a recent thread here @Anonymous which may interest you.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Mobile-Phone-for-older-lady-with-Phonak-hearing-aids-quite-deaf/m-p/1030136#U1030136

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6963 Solutions

I have hearing problems too and I've never yet found a compatible phone that works with my hearing aids. It's got to the stage now where I don't answer the phone in a public place as I have to have it on speakerphone. Notifications have to be at full volume too.

In England many places have receptions that cater for hearing aids....Here tinnitus is looked on as not a disability but more of a subject not be discussed and nowhere caters for or understands partial hearing problems. I would love to find a compatible phone.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply to my main query. If I may ask another request for advice regarding my problem with Binatone SM300 GSM mobile phone.Maybe someone else has had this problem. My home screen display shows Ringer off. How does one replace  it back to Ringer on?

Thanks for your attention. beaver403

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
Try pushing the volume up button all the way?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

I have hearing problems too and I've never yet found a compatible phone that works with my hearing aids. It's got to the stage now where I don't answer the phone in a public place as I have to have it on speakerphone. Notifications have to be at full volume too.

In England many places have receptions that cater for hearing aids....Here tinnitus is looked on as not a disability but more of a subject not be discussed and nowhere caters for or understands partial hearing problems. I would love to find a compatible phone.

slight_frown for you @jonsie ... I did not know you had hearing problems ... when you play your guitar, then do you use headphones ?

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6963 Solutions

In England yes but I sold it before I came here.....its no problem here in the bars with the amps and I tend not to wear the hearing aids here unless I really have too.

Message 7 of 7