Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Signal in crowded areas

Rosie9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Every time I go anywhere that has more than 300 I don’t have signal. Everyone else is able to use their phones. On Saturday I was at an air show the two of us who had o2 phones had no signal. Everyone else

didnt have an issue. I won’t be staying with o2 when it’s time upgrade. 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Two things help me here:

1. Step the phone down from 5G or 4G to 3G - gives much improved performance for downloads in areas of high use.

2. Download and register the My Network app and set it up for places you commonly use.

Finally, if you do move from O2, get hold of PAYG SIM for the other networks and check out their performance first before signing in the dotted line.

Also remember, if on contract, you will have to fully pay off your contract before you can switch away from O2.

Good luck, @Rosie9.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Two things help me here:

1. Step the phone down from 5G or 4G to 3G - gives much improved performance for downloads in areas of high use.

2. Download and register the My Network app and set it up for places you commonly use.

Finally, if you do move from O2, get hold of PAYG SIM for the other networks and check out their performance first before signing in the dotted line.

Also remember, if on contract, you will have to fully pay off your contract before you can switch away from O2.

Good luck, @Rosie9.

Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6256 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

Just to say I was at a small festival outside Litchfield. Around 1000 people.

I have access to O2, EE and Vodafone. In this situation O2 was the best. I've been to others where one of the other networks is better. 

All depends on coverage and capacity at a given location

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

Tinasaurus81
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 are absolutely rubbish everywhere. I go to a town centre, nothing. Go to a large city, nothing. Just been to my local shopping centre, absolutely no signal at all. Was standing in an outdoor carpark wondering around trying to get even a hint of a signal, nothing. Absolutely fuming. Anytime we have a power cut here (we had one at the weekend), O2 gets taken out. EE still going strong. My brother is leaving for EE when his contract is up. I am considering the same. The city I go into has 5g! How am I getting no data at all?! You're a massive network, how do you have no coverage?! I've tried all of the below suggestions, they don't work, not that I should have to.

Message 4 of 4