Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4g internet

S11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Warning to anyone with complaint regarding 4g bad signal half way into contract.
I’m currently using iPhone and dongle at home which has been fine until beginning off the month.
After contacting 02/bad virgin, have been told problem with mast finally resolved and told will get free month discount..
Contacted 02 today can’t find my complaint or discount until I said I’ve got 02 text with date then complaint was found,
Told today to do resets still problems and told to wait 24hrs for call back to resolve and not to worry this time was given ref number but not holding my breath as discount I will have to chase and also loose £00 off my money for a service they can’t provide.
My signal was good last month now it’s rubbish try blaming my equipment dongle and phone with both same problem and concrete walls never had so many liars and cheats.
Going to right to trading standards tomorrow see where I stand.
Time to change network provider this has virgin all over it.
My advice keep records off calls and complaints times dates.price increases promises because there all fake.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@S11 

If there's a mast issue it will show here O2 Service Status

You may get a goodwill gesture once the issue is fixed but there's no obligation on O2 to do this as outages are covered in the T&C's you signed.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions
@S11

Trading Standard will do nothing about this, they will tell you to follow the complaints process and if need be take it up with Dispute Resolution Service o2 use.

Also as per your terms and conditions you read and agreed to Mobile Coverage and service is not guaranteed to be fault free.

Also Walls can cause issues with mobile phone signal, its a known fact, as its all radio waves, and walls reduce the strength of the signal..

Virgin have nothing to do with the o2 mobile phone network.. Virgin use EE and Vodafone for a start and all VMo2 are is a Joint Venture owned 50% by LIberty Global and 50% Telefonica...
Customer Services, Policies etc are seperate
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3