Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Generation Text Bolt on

GrandmaH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm deaf & have now added the NGT bolt on to my account. How do I use it ? Have I totally overlooked instructions?
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@GrandmaH 

Some help and links here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/NGTS-Next-Generation-Text-Relay-service/m-p/1...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@GrandmaH 

Some help and links here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/NGTS-Next-Generation-Text-Relay-service/m-p/1...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@GrandmaH  This link should hopefully help you: https://www.ngts.org.uk/how-to-use-ngt.html

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 11

GrandmaH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks now downloaded the App & will try it over the weekend. Seems straight forward enough.
Message 4 of 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @GrandmaH ,

I was happy to see you got some helpful information above from our knowledgeable members. slight_smile It would be lovely to hear how you're getting on with the bolt on and if you've made any progress with it since you last posted?

Message 5 of 11

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

A misapprehension for 2 years.    See insert.  NGT and or NGT lite are RELAY UK services . I thought these were 2 different services .

Below is from 02 in response to a complaint.   NB hard of hearing people having problems hearing on a phone still have to phone 02 for helpAngel

I’ve guessed your referring to NGTS lite from Relay UK, which is the service where it converts a call into text using their application.

I’ve added the Relay UK Bolt-On onto your account and this will be active within 24 hours and will be visible under the Bolt-On sections of your My O2.

If you require a step by step guide on how to register your number for the service, please visit the below link, where step by step guides are provided by Relay UK: https://www.relayuk.bt.com/how-to-use-relay-uk/download-app.html

They also provide a guide on how to use their service, please visit this link to see this: https://www.relayuk.bt.com/how-to-use-relay-uk/use-relay-uk-with-app.html

I can see that you’re already registered with our Access For You Team, if you do need to speak with us for any reason, please call 0344 4632 669 (available Monday - Friday, 8am - 8pm, and Saturday and Sunday, 9am - 6pm.) This team are able to ensure that we provide a service tailored to you and your needs from us are fulfilled.

could we all use NGT Relay UK in future

This the info I received from 02 last week

@GrandmaH wrote:
Thanks now downloaded the App & will try it over the weekend. Seems straight forward enough.

ears   

Message 6 of 11

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

GRANDMA H   how are you getting on ?

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Jenny105 

You need to type  @GrandmaH  to tag someone in.

If you type the @ sign, names on the thread will appear to choose from.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Getting older getting grumpy Shirty

I downloaded NGTS lite to mobile. o2 provided bolt on . and Complaints dept sent a www. address to advice. as above . Good?

The notes refer to RELAY. RELAY known years ago, but it required special BT phone then. No reference to NGTs . Confused of  frozen S Coast.....  RELAY & NGTS lite are they same or different ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

O2 access service still havent cottoned on to the fact that deaf people can use phones, but need advice that is one to one like CHAT. The access service only uses a verbal phone service .

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Jenny105 wrote:

The notes refer to RELAY. RELAY known years ago, but it required special BT phone then. No reference to NGTs . Confused of  frozen S Coast.....  RELAY & NGTS lite are they same or different ?

@Jenny105 

NGTS is an evolution of the BT Relay service which is now available to all networks (but still using the BT Relay infrastructure). 

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/accessibility/text-relay-...

@Jenny105 wrote:

O2 access service still havent cottoned on to the fact that deaf people can use phones, but need advice that is one to one like CHAT. The access service only uses a verbal phone service .

@Martin-O2 @LukasB @TheresaV 

Feedback for O2 ?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11