Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPhone showing wrong imei

A-mason
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I just received my iPhone 13 Pro max and I've just realised that it's showing the wrong imei on the my o2 page. Has anyone else got the same issue? It says my device is sm-t555 which is showing as a samsung tablet and the imei number is different from the one showing in my settings. 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@A-mason 

It should update itself eventually but it matters not.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@A-mason 

It should update itself eventually but it matters not.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Yeswanth
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Its a hight level tricky cheat by o2 never use o2 iam using 15 pro max from oct 26 till jan 28th 2024 the day i lost it but they are saying that i have used it from oct 26 ti dec 26 after that its showing iphone 13 which i never used and they rejected my claim dont trust 02 

Message 3 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35916 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

@Yeswanth wrote:

Its a hight level tricky cheat by o2 never use o2 iam using 15 pro max from oct 26 till jan 28th 2024 the day i lost it but they are saying that i have used it from oct 26 ti dec 26 after that its showing iphone 13 which i never used and they rejected my claim dont trust 02 

As observed above: "It should update itself eventually but it matters not."

Did you report your phone as lost/stolen, @Yeswanth - Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

Message 4 of 7

Yeswanth
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes reported requested for proof of usage they sending for exact 2 months till dec 26 i lost it on jan 28th 2024 they are saying iphone 13 used when i lost it but they are not sending that details

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

Message 5 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35916 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

Please do not post your personal phone number or handset IMEI, this is a public forum, @Yeswanth - anyone can see and use the info for nefarious purposes.

Meantime, if you reported it stolen in Jan, IMEI would have been blocked then, as would your number and your account - what exactly is the issue? That O2's letter does not run up to the date you lost your phone?

**Flagged

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

If O2 are saying that was the last time your phone registered on the network then it must be true.

Were you abroad at all after that date?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7