Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network issues

PeteScot
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I switched from pay as you go tariff to Pay Monthly through myO2 app, I chose option to keep my number but O2 is giving me new one and turning my old number off for over 24h? So I'm without network for two days couldn't get touch with them, why they do that?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@PeteScot

If you want to keep your number you need to follow the advice in this guide

SWITCHING YOUR NUMBER FROM PAYG TO PAY MONTHLY

Fill in the keep my number form. You'll need your temporary Pay Monthly number from your O2 confirmation email or sim pack. We’ll transfer your number within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days.

On the day of the switch, your Pay As You Go sim will lose signal. When this happens, put your Pay Monthly sim in your phone. If you don't have signal, switch your phone off and on every couple of hours until you get a signal. If you still don't have signal by 6pm, contact us.

Texts and picture messaging can take up to 24 hours to work after the switch.

If your Pay As You Go balance is under £350, it will be transferred to your Pay Monthly account when you receive your second bill. If you're entitled to a loyalty bonus, up to £550, we'll add credit to your fourth bill.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@PeteScot 

Have you received a new sim card yet?

O2 should send a new sim when switching from PAYG and it will have your old number on it.

If not received, you need to call O2 from Skype or another phone on any of these numbers Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3