cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sim not provisioned after requesting to keep my old number.

NikhilRaj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I requested via filling online form to keep my old number yesterday. Later I got a text message stating that I will get by new O2 sim activated with my old number by 6pm today. My O2 sim got deactivated at 11am today and since been showing not provisioned. I have switched on and off my phone many times. Including removing SIM and putting it again. It's not working at all, it's past 6pm and yet no activity on the SIM-  It keep showing SIM not provisioned.

Now my old number (with my old network provider 3) is also deactivated so I cannot call O2 customer services either. In line with COVID 19, they have limited adviser as well.  Therefore if someone can resolve my issue, I will be very grateful.

Thanks you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@NikhilRaj 

It can take 24-48hrs.

Just keep rebooting your phone. You can contact O2 using Skype and if you get through they will help you. All numbers inclusing Skype are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

NikhilRaj
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thnak you very much. It's not 24hrs as yet so I shall wait for it. In the interim wil you kind to direct me as to where I can get the skype O2 number?

Thanks in Advance

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

It's in the guide above @NikhilRaj 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

NikhilRaj
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Ya! I had an online chat with one of the Guru's who assured me that my sim will be activated today by 6 pm. Clearly this hasn't happened. I am really frustrated now since it is affecting my work and clients can't call or text me and neither can I.

I have been doing my research in the background. This seems to be a big issue with O2. I read on one of the thread on this forum, where someone has been waiting for a week?

Does this really take that long, or is it O2 or is it escalated because of COVID?

Or is it really very Bad customer service. 

@Martin-O2 . Can you help, please?

Message 5 of 5