Did you mean: 

Mobile devices and Accessibility - Your Thoughts

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone,

We get some queries on the community occasionally asking for advice around mobile devices and device settings/features that would work best for older or disabled customers. It's always really great to see you guys helping each other out with these questions. Smiley Happy

Something that could be helpful when either thinking of choosing a new mobile phone for yourself, or helping someone else out with theirs, is the Access for All pages; O2 has listed some helpful tips around what to consider when choosing your phone if you need advice related to:

O2 also supports the Global Accessibility Reporting Initiative (GARI), which gives further information about accessibility features on many different mobile phones, tablets, mobile apps, wearable tech and also smart TVs. This website could also be a good source of information if you come across any accessibility-related device queries on the community or have any of your own.

It would be lovely to hear your feedback on all this. Have you recently chosen a phone with accessibility features, or used mobile apps for the same purpose? What do you think of those help pages on O2, anything that caught your eye as great, or missing maybe? 

Looking forward to your thoughts! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The learning disabilities section is a must as it’s a tool for main ways of contact for the user
Message 2 of 9

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I actually have learning difficulties dyslexia and dyspraxia and yet phones I really.love what I find strange is unless I like something and it's of intrest then it will be easier than if I'm not and have to learn it the Nokia 3310 era slash Phillips bt cellnet were my first and 2nd phones I even have the o2 x1 lol that was my 3rd phones after that can't remember lol
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Marjo

I have read all the information on the 'Access for All' pages and I think it's extremely helpful.

A great step forward for O2.

Enables us to link to these pages if we have questions from any new members with particular needs

I can't think of anything that needs adding wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
It's fantastic information in one place and will be very useful for any queries we get in future.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks guys for your views so far, much appreciated @Anonymous, @liggerz87@Cleoriff@Glory1thumbsup

Let us know also if you think of something related to accessibility that you would like to see here on the community too. slight_smile

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

I have used the NGT Lite app on my phone due to my hearing problems and it works well ☺

Message 7 of 9

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Accessibility is always an issue and it can be useful. From my point of view, you can make people aware by having guides linked or feature links.

The lithium forum software is ok however I don't know how much can be altered by o2 themselves.

Many operating systems including smartphones already include accessibility features. Perhaps we just need guides to educate people more about these.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo

Just a thought that might be worthwhile passing back through the appropriate channels.

As mobile operators such as O2 are the biggest accounts of the phone manufacturers it might be worthwhile feeding back that it would be good to keep ranging some models with 5 inch and below screens.

I have Cerebral Palsy which mostly affects my lower limbs but also my hands a bit and larger phones can be uncomfortable to hold

I'm using a Nokia 5 just now with a 5 inch screen but I don't really want to go any larger than that but the trend on even low to mid range seems to be ever larger screens.

Just a thought.

Message 9 of 9