Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illegal action?

Louise40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Long story short; I upgraded my contract over the phone direct with O2 on the 22nd November. I was assured there would be no upgrade charge. On my January bill there was charge of £194. I have called O2 four times, explained the situation and been lied too and told someone will contact within certain timescales (no one ever has or provided me with recordings of the calls that I have requested many times). They continue to send threatening texts and emails (that you can’t respond to) and have now restricted my account and are threatening further action that will affect my credit rating. I emailed their complaints department and again no response (now 1 week over the timeframe they gave). The only response I am getting is through Facebook messenger. These messages ignore my issues and just say “we are busy, someone will contact me but we can’t give any timescales” this is not stopping their actions (although I have asked many times). My question is; is this legal? They are taking extreme action before even looking into the matter, many thanks in advance for any help

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions

@Louise40 

I'm not a lawyer so cannot say if it's legal or not, but it is standard practice for O2.

Complaints are taking at least 8 weeks to be responded to currently, such is the demand on them.

As you're getting no where with O2 I suggest seeking independent advice from the likes of Citizens Advice who are qualified to do so.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2