Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud

MumT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My son is not an 02 customer but has had someone attempt to buy a phone and 2 sims cards through his bank account and whoever it is has managed to buy 2 iPhones and set up contracts on his bank account along wit 5 direct debit requests. A fraud investigation has been started  but another direct debit has been set up yesterday and the phones and sims are apparently still active and been told this morning that 02 can’t block the phones or SIM cards. I obviously can’t access the accounts online, although the customer advisor did ask me if I could; as it’s nothing to do with my son, we can’t stop them being used even! All direct debits have been cancelled but it’s insane that when I’ve asked for the phones and sims to be blocked they’ve said they can’t. Any ideas what I can do please? 

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Caroline169 

I'll ask @Anonymous to contact you about this

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 Thanks for the tag @Caroline169 Will private message you regarding this issue.

Many thanks

O2 Simon

Message 32 of 32