cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial Difficulties and the Payment Management Team.

Wren
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I genuinely have no idea if this is the right place to put this or not, but I really quite urgently need some help.

I'm coping with the fallout that the Coronavirus has been causing. As im sure many will understand, due to the chaos and nightmare that buying the essentials is causing, I'm significantly struggling with finances. I have to buy what I can while I can get it, which means sadly it makes an already tight budget even tighter. 

A few weeks ago I reached out to O2 on facebook and Twitter after struggling to get in touch via the phone to get some advice and explained that I may have some trouble paying my bill and wanted to talk to someone as well as see about changing my plan to something more managable. I was eventually given the number to contact the Payment Management Team. I kept trying but the automated service kept telling me that they were only focusing on the most vulnerable customers and ended the call. I have tried every day since to get hold of someone but i never get any joy. 

Today I not only received a letter, that I should have received 10 days ago but emails as well telling me that if my bill isn't paid in full within 5 days, my device will be disconnected and I will be taken to court. It tells me that its not too late, and to call the Payment Management Team and speak to someone. 

Now, its made a lot harder to deal with as I'm disabled as well as living by myself. I'm classed as high risk which means leaving my house is not an option for the forseeable future and the only way I can keep in touch with my family members is by my phone. And if that gets cut off then that will be taken from me also. I have been nothing but upfront with requiring help with my bill and despite all of this, I'm still not one of the vulnerable people O2 are claiming they're helping. I understand things are hard for every single person at the moment and they must be dealing with a large surge of people on skeleton staff but I feel like i'm being punished for something completely out of my control.

I’m not even able to lodge a complaint because it’s deemed non urgent and I would be more than happy to email in but with being given a very short deadline, its not going to help me. I've never not paid a phonebill in my life, daily living with the pandemic alone is stressful but to start getting treatment like this is adding more stress than any one person can cope with.

I just need some guidence and don't really know what else to do. Can anyone offer me any advice?

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

All we can do on the community is to point you  back to the payment management team who can arrange a plan for you. It's easy to say but you must keep trying any of the numbers in the link below. There are numerous free number and I do appreciate how difficult, stressful and upsetting this is and I wish O2 would do more.

To keep in touch with family you can use Whatsapp or Skype over wifi. Sorry we can't do more for you @Wren 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Message 2 of 2