Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling sad no dog!!!

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi   Just after Xmas someone suggested to me that I apply for a Hearing Dog - similar to a guide dog but sounds and confidence related. I applied as my hearing has deteriorated.  ive given up 6 activities in the past 2 yrs. This was rather in a rush and bumbled but got done.

I've heard that I don't qualify.  There's a chance of I could have a dog that didnt quite make the grade but it cant wear a jacket and go everywhere. Probably my hearing isnt quite bad enouigh but I am having difficulties in the community. Ive given up 6 activities in the past 2 years.

So decision time . Im leaving that until next week when Ive calmed down. A dog came up to me with a ball yesterday !! And the owner was telling me dogs can go a lot more places these days.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unfortunately I'm not a big fan of greyhounds but you know, people are said to have a dog that resembles their own general appearance and personality. I think that's why I always had English Springer Spaniels, daft as a brush, clumsy and scruffy but very loyal to my master mistress LOL

Message 31 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I love greyhounds. Such gentle intelligent dogs heart

Though with cats about, they aren't really an option Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 34

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I love greyhounds. Such gentle intelligent dogs heart

Though with cats about, they aren't really an option Smiley Very Happy

.....but they only chase hares yahoo Bit of a pointless existance clown

Message 33 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The Greyhound Trust advises against it. Unless you have one as a puppy. If you adopt a retired greyhound it's a definite no no....rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 34