Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling sad no dog!!!

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi   Just after Xmas someone suggested to me that I apply for a Hearing Dog - similar to a guide dog but sounds and confidence related. I applied as my hearing has deteriorated.  ive given up 6 activities in the past 2 yrs. This was rather in a rush and bumbled but got done.

I've heard that I don't qualify.  There's a chance of I could have a dog that didnt quite make the grade but it cant wear a jacket and go everywhere. Probably my hearing isnt quite bad enouigh but I am having difficulties in the community. Ive given up 6 activities in the past 2 years.

So decision time . Im leaving that until next week when Ive calmed down. A dog came up to me with a ball yesterday !! And the owner was telling me dogs can go a lot more places these days.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Jenny105 wrote:

Home and Garden check tomorrow ----- worse than GCSEs    

Im going round the house today, putting away hazards including chocolate and plastic bags. !

Weve discovered the painter painted the drive gates lock rod into position , grrrrr

Fingers crossed @Jenny105 fingers_crossed fingers_crossed fingers_crossed Can't wait to hear how it went afterwards!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 21 of 34

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
If it goes ok shall I start a new thread - Happy Dog. Or just continue here...…. My granddaughter is interested in paper money today, So she mopped the floor , swept the hall, hoovered 2 rooms and the porch & the bottom of the stairs in readiness for the lady's visit. Bless her.
She got some paper money BUT next week will be a lesson on English currency and notes v coins !!!!! :-))
Message 22 of 34

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I like the idea of starting a new thread if things move in the right direction! This way we'll be able to follow your journey with your dog - new chapter in your life, new topic on the community slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 23 of 34

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

I like the idea of starting a new thread if things move in the right direction! This way we'll be able to follow your journey with your dog - new chapter in your life, new topic on the community slight_smile

Yes I agree with that @EmilieT I mean this thread is called Feeing Sad %20-%20no%20dog%20!!! rofl

If a new dog is coming to join @Jenny105  and her family. then that's a reason to be happy..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

My best wishes to you @Jenny105  

Message 25 of 34

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thank you to everyone for their kind interest. Its been good to share the ups and downs.

The House and Garden check went ok- tho i wasnt supposed to clear up !! The lady wanted to guage what to teach the dog what NOT to pick up!!!!!!!  But it was good,

• We have to finish making the fences up to 5ft  in case we are assigned a Springer or a Labradour I guess.

Unless its to the contrary I wait and see if a match can be made. So I'll sign off this thread and shortly start a Happy Days Happy Sounds dog Days..

Message 26 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That's great news @Jenny105 

Best of luck and hope everything goes well....cool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 34

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Either a Springer or a Labrador sounds good to me. I believe Greyhounds do have a weakness in their back legs as they get older unfortunately.

Message 28 of 34

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Either a Springer or a Labrador sounds good to me. I believe Greyhounds do have a weakness in their back legs as they get older unfortunately.

Thanks . The greyhound was an interim idea when I failed for a fully fledged Hearing Dog. Greyhoundss are luvly !!!!

then i was offered a Sounds Dog with full training and a support trainer .Wheni get sorted with the new post I'll put up a photo showing the 4 types of dog trained by the charity Hearing Dogs for deaf People. It could be any one of the four. but used to children, car travel, the seaside, and to settle when asked........   and I have to match the dogs requirements too !!!! ??

Message 29 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The one thing about greyhounds is, contrary to popular belief, they don't need much exercise. They are built for speed not endurance

A couple of short walks and then they are quite happy to curl up and sleep. sleeping

Image result for Images of greyhounds sleeping

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 34