Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contract overcharge

Ptsha
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, just wonder other users thoughts on this subject.

My original contract started on 22/3/2020. On the 23rd Feb 2022 I phoned O2 to give my 30 days notice as I had calculated I'd made 23 payments at this point, with my 24th payment coming off on the 5th March.  They then sent another bill late March saying the full payment would be deducted from my account on the 5th April. I phoned again around 23rd March and guy said it would be ok, it's just because the bill had been generated and would be adjusted and possibly a couple of days pro rata.

The 5th April comes and O2 take the full payment, again I phone O2. The first two members of staff cut me off, third time lucky I seem to get someone who can do their job.  Initially she seemed to understand where I was coming from, then started to say I didn't cancel the contract on time (one day) so therefore had to pay full payment.

My argument was then surely they should have left the sim connected rather than cut me off on the 24th March or just charged me a couple of days pro rata which I was quite happy to pay.

The member of staff said she will call me back, but I won't hold my breath.

Any opinions would be appreciated especially if you think I'm either right or wrong.

Regards

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Ptsha 

It’s a new money  making scheme.!

No guarantee of cancellation unless you port your number away. 
Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Ptsha
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi M15,

Thanks for your reply.  I'm still confused, maybe I'm just missing something but one things for sure, I'LL NEVER USE O2 EVER AGAIN or Virgin for that matter.  I'll just right off the payment, it's really not worth the stress.

Best regards

Message 3 of 4

Ptsha
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Write off 

Message 4 of 4