Did you mean: 

Do you know sign language?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi guys, 

This weekend, the world will be celebrating the International Day of Sign Languages. The date picked for this day, September 23rd, actually marks the day the World Federation of the Deaf was established in 1951. smiley

There's been a lot of progress since 1951, and for example it's now possible to contact O2 using British Sign Language through SignVideo, a free and easy service. You can find out more about how it works in our helpful Community Guide here, and if you've used this before we'd love to hear about your experience!

I never realised how many different types of sign languages are out there, but I wish I took the time to learn one in the past years. Even though I have not got around to it yet, this is something I would definitely be interested in learning going forward.

Do you guys know any sign language? Have you tried learning one, or do you want to?

It'll be great to hear more from you on this! Happy Dance

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Makaton    This sounds amazing . I'd never heard of this before . Id enjoy learning and maybe one of my gkids would enjoy it. However it might be too ostentatious in her view. 

Message 21 of 23

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Sin could be signed more than one way I reckon.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 22 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions