Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Access For All

Community Manager

Re: Do you know sign language?

Sign language is such a fantastic tool for those how are deaf or hard of hearing. I've never had a reason to pick it up but it's always impressive to see a conversation happening even if I have no clue whats been said! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 124
Kudos: 235
Blog Posts: 1
Solutions: 42

I was watching a programme on TV where the actors were signing an arguement. Fascinating to watch.

Leave your candy-colored cans in the toy chest and try a pair of proper headphones.
Topics: 544
Solutions: 3,363

Facial expressions add to the sign language too. You just know there's something a little confrontatiomnal...yes?

Level 13: Prompter

Re: Do you know sign language? Here is part of E Sussex Hearing Resources Christmas Signing Choir

IMG_20181211_140207 BSL.jpg

Re: Do you know sign language? Here is part of E Sussex Hearing Resources Christmas Signing Choir

We sign to popular Christmas Songs. Visiting special needs groups, hospice, and collecting for our charity at shopping outlets.……. Very moving
Anonymous

@Jenny105 wrote:
We sign to popular Christmas Songs. Visiting special needs groups, hospice, and collecting for our charity at shopping outlets.……. Very moving

What an amazing group!

Highlighted
Topics: 20
Kudos: 22
Solutions: 1

I would love to know a bit signlanguage... As this people can't anything for their situation... Others can learn our language and talk to us (paramedics)... So it's the only language I would like to learn to understand patients..

iPhone XR * 64 GB * (Product) Red * unlocked
iPad Air wifi & LTE * 16 GB * White * unlocked + iPad Air 2 wifi only
Apple Watch Series 2 Nike+
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR

@ComaChameleon wrote:

I would love to know a bit signlanguage... As this people can't anything for their situation... Others can learn our language and talk to us (paramedics)... So it's the only language I would like to learn to understand patients.. Try youtube , ask for UK sign language..

In East Sussex there are some classes. But I wish i knew how people could learn some useful signs. For paramedics that would be sooooo useful. A deaf patient must be so scared in an ambulance hospital situation.

There are people called ''speech readers'' who can be called in to assist in emergencies and in hospitals

Children pick up sign language quite quickly . I wish schools taught some basic word or phrases.