Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dementia

Thatch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My mother has dementia I have POA - am hitting my head against a brickwall with O2 - They sent me a new sim card (as the old one went in the phone into a washing machine) and told me all I had to do was ring customer services and they would help me activate it. What a load of rubbish - the team are not trained to deal with dementia customers they keep asking for a security code, which Mum has of course no clue what it is and then ask me to log into her O2 account, which she has no clue about. When asked who can help me get the sim activated the customer services guy said no-one can unless I drive 40 miles to an O2 store with all sorts of proof of ID, my mothers ID and POA proof!

Anyone got any suggestions - my next step is to cancel O2 contract and get one in my name from another provider - Thanks (As you can tell I am totally frustrated and very annoyed with O2)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Maybe one of the online O2 account advisors can help. @O2Emma or @Anonymous can you assist @Thatch?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Thatch
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Perfect many thanks _ I have contacted Emma
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino Thanks for the tag @Thatch Will private message you so we can look at resolving the issues.

Thanks

O2Simon

Message 4 of 7

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions
@Anonymous I’ve already messaged Thatch back lol
Working my magic 😊
signature
Message 5 of 7

stubbs
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My dad has dementia and unfortunatly since June has been living in a home, we have a contract phone and tablet that he can no longer use or have access to, how can i go about cancelling these and not being charged. my mum is POA but i have been helping her with accounts etc. any help would be massively appreciated 

Message 6 of 7

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions
@stubbs you will need to contact our support team access for you who will be able to help
Access for you direct number
Opening hours
Mon- fri 8-8
Sat-sun 9-6

Hope this helps o2Emma
signature
Message 7 of 7