Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer who has Dementia

PW1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Useless company useless help, trying to cancel a sim card thats been lost in a phone on an £11 a month rolling contract , the contract is out of restrictions and can be cancelled. The lady who owned it has dementia but you insist on making life extremely hard for anyone trying to help her. Your company is horrendouse regarding help for older persons. Ive told you on a voice call and im advising you now, you need to cancel the sim. If the bill is high because somebody finds it then good luck with claiming any money. The number isnt needed and no longer is your service. All or any relationships under this 02 website account need to be closed! 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PW1 This is not O2 you are talking to here. This is a customer forum. You need to call customer service to cancel. A guide to cancelling is in this link also you need to report the loss to o2 & the police 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

Message 2 of 12

PW1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ive tried and it may be a forum but they know its here and ive copied and printed screen as another form of letting them know, I havent got all day to sit on a phone trying to talk to a company that doesnt giev a xxxx about older persons going through dementia but continues to ask for thier money. 

Message 3 of 12

PW1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ive rpinted off the letter and sending it in but any abuse of the sim is extremely unfair on a company that wont listen to the fact that it could be anywhere with anyone and now we have to wait for the letter to be sent and then read and then cancelled. 

Message 4 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@PW1 

You’ll need to follow the correct process to report the loss to avoid bills that are the contract holders responsibility to pay. 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/ba-p/1023988

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PW1 Nobody from O2 monitors this forum so won’t see your post here. You will need to follow the guide in my post above to cancel 

Message 6 of 12

PW1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dont be rediculouse a lost sim being advised by post only gives someone the full advantage of abusing that sim, and this lady has dementia good luck with trying to reclaim any high bills occured id rather stand in court and out 02 to the News papers for thier lack of support. 

Message 7 of 12

PW1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

and of course 02 see this forum do you think they sit there and let seriouse issues that could one day aid a court case for someone else be found on thier own forums, you remind me of a second hand car dealers full of it. Your talking junk and helping 02 avoid seriouse issues being placed on thier own forum. 

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

They will charge you for whatever charges are run up unless it’s blocked & that is the way they do things 

Message 9 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You’ve been given the only and correct advice we can give you
The rest is up to you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 12