Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer rights

Lucidl73
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My touch screen on my iPhone 11 has stopped working. Apple say it’s not there problem because it’s gone beyond the 12 month warranty. O2 say it’s not there problem because despite me purchasing it from O2 it’s an apple issue and they are a third party in this. I pointed out until I was blue in the face that Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, goods should be of a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described. My rights have been breached because the item you sold me is faulty. I would like a repair/replacement/part-refund." I have no even been offered any kind of arbitration to resolve the issue. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Lucidl73 

You will need to prove beyond doubt that it is a manufacturing issue and was present when you bought the device in order to win this battle.

Apple only offer a 12 month warranty so unless you have insurance or Apple care, you are stuck with paying for repairs.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Lucidl73 

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it quite clear that it is UPTO YOU to prove that the device was faulty when you took delivery of the device, and over 12 months of use before it develops a fault, you will find it very difficult to prove. 

If you have used the phone for over 12 months it will be deemed to have been of satisfactory quality, and fit for purpose (you have used it for over 12months), and has been working as described.

I would follow the advice give by others and pay for the repair, this is one you are unlikely to win. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

Lucidl73
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What is interesting is it’s a known fault of the IPhone 11 in the time period I bought mine in the uk. Warrenty’s Are different from consumers rights. And I dislike people not taking responsibility. 

Message 4 of 4