Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming up to end of contract

Rebecca4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So my 24 month contract ends in April and I want to stop that contract.

i have bought a new phone separately so want to buy a sim only deal hopefully from o2 for that phone. But I also want to keep /transfer over my current number to said new phone. If I cam staying with o2  but changing phones can I do this?

is this easy to do? Should I just call them? Or should I just cancel with o2 completely and get a sim only from somewhere else to be less complicated?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Check your My o2 and see if you can upgrade to a sim only deal.
If not, then wait until April and then do it.
So long as you choose upgrade then the new tariff goes on your current sim so no changes required @Rebecca4.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Deleted by me.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

O2LaurenC
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 17 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @Rebecca4 

You don't need to cancel your contract, but instead, only upgrade it to a sim only. 

You have a few options on how you can do this, you can contact customer services on 202 or 0344 809 0202, or use the MyO2 application. Upgrading doesn't mean that you have to take out a device plan.

Simply upgrading to a Sim Only means you won't need to cancel, transfer any numbers or information.

Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 4