Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chatable - ''hearing'' aid app for hard of hearing

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hearing dogs newsletter mentioned Chatable Hearing App . Im trying to find out more information about its use, its costs from people already using it.

I believe it improves quality of sound in restaurants , 1-1 conversations, noisy surrroundings etc, how its 'charged for' eg data, wifi , calls  etc

If anyone has info I'd love to hear.  The access for all dept only takes phone calls so I cant ask them - not easily. The last time i made a company call the girl spoke so fast I had to ask a relative to take over. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Jenny105 

The app is available for download via Google playstore.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hearingaid.volumebooster&hl=en_GB 

Edited for more info..

https://chatableapps.com/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions
Message 3 of 8

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks @Bambino  and @Cleoriff .    Im looking to find out how good it is for severe loss and what costs are involved. I t was reccommended by Hearing Dogs which must mean its of use across the board for people able to use a smartphone. 

Message 4 of 8

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Hi I looked at this link quickly and couldnt work out why one has to type into it when I can speak normally into a phone. As i read on it seems this app is for speech impaired children. Im looking for the app which suppresses background noise and improves the quality of 1 - 1 conversations etc. The one i had a quik look at was free with an alternative choice of buying or paying monthly. Thanks for trying 🙂
Message 5 of 8

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

The costs are prohibative . 100mins a month are free) but if I meet a friend or the family it will go over that. Then i believe its 9.99 a month,  99.00 a year  and lifetime fee Ive forgotten 

Needs thinking about.

Message 6 of 8

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Update   I'll download it for a month .  100 mins free.  I might be able to manage that . I'll click off after 50 mins in a meeting. 2x a month should be OK for a trial run. 

Ive a neckloop tho fiddly and old it;ll do for anything over 50 mins !!!LOL

Message 7 of 8

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

After a very helpful CHAT with Sasha on Chtable website I went ahead to download it .

ITS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MY AMPLICOMMS special phone for older and deaf people !!!

More info
More info
Destroy
Message 8 of 8