cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set up direct debit!

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 cancelled my direct debit and will now not provide me with anyway of setting up a new one. I am registered deaf and after making this point many times I'm still told I must ring 202 to set it up.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have no idea why. The direct debit wasn't even attempted. I only found out they hadn't taken it when my account was restricted and I had to make payment and try to set it back up.

So O2 didn't actually cancel the DD....they just didn't take the current month DD....that's a common error reported on here on O2's part

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

They did the same thing to me, after many years with them.

I started getting overdue bill notices, i thought the first one was a scam or sonething, just to find a £3.50 non-payment charge on my next bill!!

Message 12 of 17

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Sorry to hear of your difficulties @Anonymous! Please let us know how you get on setting up your DD again using the mandate form provided above. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's set up now and payment has been deferred till the following month. Thanks for the help.
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
They have taken the overdue payment off my account now.
Message 15 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Good to hear mate slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions