Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

British Sign Language (BSL) Support – Introducing Data

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Welcome to our first BSL customer support video!

We are looking to create supporting content that helps all our customers understand the service we provide, and how to get the most out of it. 

In this video, we wanted to highlight some key information around Data and help people to understand how it’s used. There are lots of benefits to understanding data and we hope this highlights some key points.

For a more in depth view, take a look at this community guide created around data: Guide: Help make your data allowance last  

To help further, here is a table format of the data usage described in the Video, which shows you roughly how much data you use for different tasks:

1GB

3GB

30GB

11hrs browsing

33hrs browsing

330hrs browsing

16,000 emails

50,00 emails

500,000 emails

300 emails with attachments

1,000 with attachments

10,000 with attachments

Download 17 Songs

Download 50 songs

Download 500 songs

Watch (Stream) 40mins of TV

Watch (Stream) 120mins of TV

Watch (Stream) 1,200mins of TV

SignVideo interpreting services: If you're a British Sign Language (BSL) user, you can get in touch with a customer service advisor at O2 by using the SignVideo service. SignVideo lets you sign to an interpreter via your webcam, and the interpreter speaks to our adviser. It's free and available Monday to Friday, 08:00 - 18:00, except bank holidays. Find out more or access here.

For more accessibility information then make sure you regularly check out our Access For All board, and don’t forget you can register for our Access for All team support here.

If there is anything in particular you would like to see then please let us know below slight_smile

Access for All logo

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I always wondered how a Sign Language user got in touch with customer service and thought they were restricted to Typetalk (a 3 way service) or the chat service. I had no idea that O2 had a video sign adviser. Brilliant.

Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I always wondered how a Sign Language user got in touch with customer service and thought they were restricted to Typetalk (a 3 way service) or the chat service. I had no idea that O2 had a video sign adviser. Brilliant.

I agree @jonsie  and certainly fits in with O2's plan of Access For All. Really innovative.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10659 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
@EmilieT

Wonderful no one should be shut out thanks o2 😁

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 5

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Well I've learned something and well done O2. As @EmilieT says 'no one should be shut out'. 

The table showing how much data is used  streaming per hours spent is also very useful to me, as I do quite a bit of streaming. Thank you for that @EmilieT.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 5