Did you mean: 

Apps to help with hearing loss

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Google introduced earlier this week two new Android apps designed to support those affected by hearing loss. Here are a few details about what you can expect from these apps, and you can read all about it on their blog:

• Live TranscribeThis app transcribes any conversation in real time, using your device's microphone. It's available in over 70 languages and dialects, and even allows two-way conversation for those who cannot or prefer not to speak, using the phone's keyboard and speaker. 
  • Sound Amplifier: Announced at Google I/O last year, this app allows the user to filter and amplify the sounds in the environment, by customising background noise reduction and sound enhancements. 

Are you interested in using either of those apps? Do you already use any other app helpful with hearing loss, or know of any great Accessibility functionalities built in your phone that serves a similar purpose?

Let us know in the comments! slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Jenny105 I've just double checked on the blog I got all this information from and Live Transcribe's Beta is being gradually rolled out (here on the Google Play Store), and Sound Amplifier is available on the Play Store and supports Android 9 Pie or later phones and comes pre-installed on Pixel 3. slight_smile

I hope that helps! Which one did you try so far? Any first impressions?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 12

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I might try these I am incredibly nervous about apps and anything Google.  Action for hearing loss might be able advise whether these are usable with the M9500 and also if of value.

Message 12 of 12