cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling C Service treatment - Possible Fraud !!!!

rac060804
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, my Virgin contract (tv, mobile, landline) was due for renewal a couple of months back, spoke to Virgin, agreed the contract and the SIM part of the package was now to come through O2, no problem I thought.

When I was discussing the details with O2, they mentioned someone elses name and address to which I replied that was incorrect and gave them my details.......no problem they said, corrected it and all was good.

Well that was until I saw the contract and subsequent sim, sent to my home address but with someone elses name.  As you would I called O2 C Service, and have been batted between O2 and Virgin, O2 Cs member finally agreed to review the account, this is where it all goes belly up.

After being put on hold a few times, she declared to me that there appears to be many errors on my account and that she believes it could be part of some Fraud activity and that she would pass my case onto the O2 fraud team with response back within 30days.  I was happy, finally someone was taking me serious, but nervous of the fraud element.  She told me it was all in hand, they would deal with it and get to the bottom of whats happened, and instructed me to cancel my D Debit, to which I did immediately.

Well, 30 days have certainly been and gone along time back, along with many emails to the fraud team and what a shocker, Ive had no feedback !!!   Are my personal details at risk, who knows.  

So, Ill call C-service, what a waste of time, between having the phone being put down on me, being fobbed off to finally C-service refusing to discuss the account, I have again no information as to what is going on.

As I said to the last C-service person, I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG AND FOLLOWED O2 INSTRUCTION AT ALL TIMES.

So, being treated like this is bad enough, Im now getting Debt letters from them, no SH=t when they tell me to cancel the D Debit, - threats of debt collection, court and my credit score being affected.....WTF.

So, O2, what is happening, why are you not talking to me?  Why will someone not advise whats going on?  

This level of treatment from such a large organization is appalling, I am totally shocked, appalled and fuming, why am I having to go to all these lengths, phone calls, emails and now a forum to get an answer or at least feedback.........

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Sounds very grim, @rac060804 - and once the Fraud team are involved, it drags on forever.

Detail on Resolver for complaints is near the foot of this O2 Help page: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Meantime, I'll tag on @O2Emma who is on until 9pm, one of the O2 account advisors - look out for a PM from her shortly, @rac060804 - Good luck!

Message 2 of 9

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @rac060804 Sorry to hear you are having so many issues I will send you a private message to see if I can help .

signature
Message 3 of 9

rac060804
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, 1 week has passed and still ZERO feedback from O2 customer service, fraud or complaints department......but more letters about terminating the contract etc.

Its beyond a joke that im getting nothing from them, not even a curtesy call to advise me the matter is in hand and that it will take x amount of weeks to come back to me.

Please remember this is a Fraud case, are my details safe with O2?  Who knows............I cant even talk to them as they say the details are incorrect on the notes !!!!

I think the only action I have now is to raise the case to the Ombudsman..........

Message 4 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Did you get some help from @O2Emma  @rac060804 ?
You don't always hear from the Fraud team until the investigation is closed in case you (or they) reveal something they are not meant to.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 9

rac060804
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ive heard nothing from no one, which I find appalling in its own right.  I understand their could be fraud, but as its my own personal data that could be out there, I have a right to know what's happening.

Like I say, from Customer Service, Complaints and the Fraud team, ZERO

I will be passing the case now onto the Ombudsman, as to have complete radio Silence is not good enough.  

Message 6 of 9

rac060804
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Another week has passed by, and guess what, still no news from O2 !!!   

Message 7 of 9

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Tagging @O2Emma again. The OP still needs help, if you can, please 🙂?

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 8 of 9

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @lewys-gp I will send a private message to @rac060804 thanks.

signature
Message 9 of 9