Did you mean: 

Anxiety & contacting Customer Service

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

If you're anything like me, you delay contacting Customer Service for anything until you really have to. It can be for a number of reasons, whether it's that you've got more urgent things on your plate, are forgetful, or can't find the time. However for those suffering from anxiety, it can be much more daunting. 

Do you or someone you know suffer from anxiety? How does this impact your interactions with Customer Service? Do you find it less stressful to call, go in store, or use Chat?

If you're curious or need more information on how to deal with anxiety, take a look at the below links:

Anxiety UK

Anxiety Care UK

No Panic

Mind

It'd be very interesting to hear what your experience with this is, and if you've got any tips to share with others who might be struggling to contact Customer Service because of their anxiety. slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@EmilieT

I have clicked on those links above and they are all helpful.

However, we must remember, what works for one will not necessarily work for someone else.

Personally, I have never had a problem dealing with CS. That being said, I make a 'list' of things I need to speak about and questions I want to ask.

(I have always worked like that and find it helps me). Nothing worse than ending a call and thinking DAMN, I should have asked that question.

I'm always polite and never lose my temper. If the advisor gives their name I always use it.

They are people, just like us and are trying to do a job.

So my advice would be, have your questions ready prepared and make sure you have a pen to jot down anything relevant.

I would actually rather phone CS when upgrading, than do it online.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff I agree, what works for some won't work for others, we each have to find our own ways - suggestions and advice can't hurt though so thanks a lot for sharing yours hugging

Listing what needs to be discussed is a really good idea! It actually works for many different scenarios, not just calls to Customer Service. I find it stressful sometimes to shop without knowing exactly what I need to get, so a list would be perfect there too (if it weren't for forgetfulness getting in the way of making the list itself!).

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@EmilieT

I have a handy app for shopping lists (when not shopping online). It's called Google Keep

It has multi uses for all sorts of taking notes etc

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 19

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I don't personally suffer from anxiety but I have a friend who gets anxious whenever she has to speak to anyone she doesn't know; whether in a shop or on the phone. I have suggested she makes a list of what questions she needs to ask before she goes into a shop or picks up the phone. Like @Cleoriffsays it's helpful both to you and the person you've called or have to talk to in a shop, and saves so much time; yours and theirs. I also remind her that the shop assistants and/or the call centre advisors are people just like her doing a job that requires them to deal with all sorts of people. And most, not all, are patient and understanding.

I find knowing what you want, being polite, and never losing your temper gets results 99.9% of the time..

As for dealing with CS, I rarely call them: every 2 years to upgrade and when I have the odd account query. I would never speak to live chat or upgrade online. And my dealings with CS have always been friendly and helpful. I usually wind up chatting to them about all sorts of things unrelated to O2. I don't know whether I've been lucky or Business CS are a cut above the consumer side. But I've always found them to be friendly, clued up and offering me the best deals available. Can't say fairer than that.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do suffer with anxiety & find that asking the customer service operator could they please speak slowly & I also admit that I am not very good 'with these sort of things' helps me & the person trying to help me. I too think @Cleoriff 's suggestion of making a list 📃 of questions is a good idea
Message 6 of 19

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Anxiety, depression? Some days I really can't be **bleep** dealing with anything, my phones go to mute and I leave things until I can cope. I've read so many links over the past few months and a lot of them make me feel even worse so when someone posts new links, I think the people who are caring or looking after my mental health should be reading them before suggesting I look. 

Links, printouts, personal safety plans aren't helping. This community is really my only respite from the outside world, sometimes I read things and think some people have bigger issues than myself. I cope, but it's all fantasy really. Few people understand, even fewer can help. 

Message 7 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Article related to all this on the BBC website:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-45895541

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous