cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessibility guides - We need your help!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

O2 prides itself on making their products and services accessible to all customers, no matter what difficulties they face in life. From providing access to venues to ensuring that those with disabilities are able to get help and support from customer services we aim to make sure that everyone can get the most out of O2! 

As we move through 2019 the community will play a central role in providing this support to customers and we need your help making sure we have all the bases covered. 

• Do you have any ideas for accessibility guides?
  • What sort of content do you want to see on the community that will help those with accessibility needs? 
  • Have you noticed any gaps in accessibility content that O2 needs to fill? 
  • Are you interested in writing a guide on an accessibility topic? 

This is a really important topic and we'd appreciate any input from community members on how to best plan and create this content! 

Thanks! 

Martin, Marjo and Emilie

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Couldn't think of anything to be added lol
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Martin-O2  I'm not sure if this falls into this category, but I know that there are many people who post here whose first language isn't English (and even some whose first language is), and as a consequence of that, inaccurately spelled posts can sometimes be harder to understand, which makes it more difficult to be able to help, or point them in the right direction. I know that there's a spell checker available (the ABC with the check mark when you're composing a post), but many aren't aware that it's there. I do know that there are many sites and email clients, and office programs that offer automatic spell checking, i.e. the red line beneath a misspelled word, as it comes up when using HTML.

I don't even know if it's possible, but can that be incorporated into the Rich Text, which is the default? Just a thought.Thinking

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That sounds a good idea @Bambino 

The forum spellchecker doesn't always work well. If you add it during a post it will show any spelling mistakes up to that point. .

However, if you continue writing on that same post it doesn't always pick up further errors.

(I tested it a few weeks back when I was checking a particular word)

Edited to add, this is when using a PC. Posting on a phone will have it's own built in spellcheck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for your thoughts on this topic @Bambino , @Cleoriff . I do like the idea of an automatic spell checker for the community. I would certainly find it useful. 

For the wider accessibility topic we can really think bigger then just the community. Do you think there are any gaps in the content and help available for those with disabilities that O2 could fill? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2 

Then I will add something else re Accessibility for All.

We have people here who do NOT speak any English at all.

I know community rules state all posts must be in English, however we have had new members who have posted in Polish or another language.

There are some of us who were willing, with the help of Google translate, to answer by translating the original post into English (leaving the Polish post in place) and then would answer in Polish (giving the English answer as well.

One manager accepted this. Another manager (and moderator) were known to delete the posts!

In my humble opinion we aren't catering for those people.  Also to delete a post shows a lack of respect for the poster.

It would be interesting to know if times have changed?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Cleoriff  currently the policy of only allowing posts in English is still in place. Whilst it's fantastic that you and other members are willing to go the extra mile to help those who post in a different language from a community management standpoint Google Translate is not good enough for us to properly moderate content. 

It's a good point though and definitely something we can think about and perhaps come up with a way to help those members. 

signature

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @Martin-O2 

I hope something else can be put in place to help non English speaking customers.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No problem @Cleoriff . There's definitely an opportunity to expand who we can help on the community. smiling

signature

Message 9 of 9